2 Black Carjackers Arrested for Attacking 85-Year-Old White Woman

Palm Beach Post
September 2, 2014

wptv Elderly_woman_injured_in_carjacking_spea_1961680000_7607410_ver1_1409284007706_7607456_ver1.0_640_480
Therese Lefebvre, has bandages on her arm, bruises on her legs and a cut on her cheek from where the Black thugs shoved a gun in her face.

Two felons are being held in the Palm Beach County Jail without bond after they allegedly carjacked an 85-year-old woman and snatched her purse, causing her to sustain injuries, according to an arrest report. Minutes earlier, the two men attempted to carjack a tourist but were unsuccessful.

Bernard R. Dixon of Riviera Beach and Garry Lormejuste, who has no fixed addresses, are each facing charges of robbery with a firearm and possession of a weapon by a felon.

Riviera Beach Police met with a Massachusetts woman Wednesday morning who said two men had attempted to open her door while flashing a handgun near the area of East Blue Heron Avenue and Lakeshore Drive, the report said. The woman told police she was looking for the Sailfish Marina in Palm Beach Shores and had pulled over to look at her GPS when the men attempted to enter her car. The woman was able to speed away and call police.

Garry Lormejuste has been arrested 10 times in the last 4 years.

Both suspects fled the area toward a food store, where they allegedly carjacked the 85-year-old victim, taking her Buick and purse. The woman was taken to St. Mary’s Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries, the report said.

Dixon and Lormejuste were found by police walking on the 2500 block of Broadway Avenue. A semi-automatic handgun was found in Lormejuste’s possession, according to the police report.

Dixon, 28, has been arrested 18 times since 2002 in Palm Beach County and was sentenced March 8, 2011 to three years in prison for trafficking in stolen property. He served nearly 18 months before being released.

Lormejuste has been arrested 10 times in Palm Beach County since 2010 and was handed a 20-month prison sentence in September 2011 for burglary of an unoccupied structure. He was released after less than three months in custody.