Black Gang Member Sentenced to Life for Killing Innocent White Teen, Freed Thanks to University Students

Daily Mail
December 13, 2014

Daniel Dale had never been in trouble with Police, but was shot and killed by Black thugs on the street in 2001.

A former gang member who has served 12 years of a life sentence in prison for shooting dead a teenager has been cleared of murder after an appeal.

Dwaine Simeon George has always denied being involved in the killing of 18-year-old Daniel Dale in Miles Platting in east Manchester.

Mr George, now 30, had his murder conviction quashed by judges at the Court of Appeal today after they ruled it was ‘no longer safe.’

But the mother of Mr Dale has called on Mr George to now identify who was responsible for her son’s death and ‘name who pulled the trigger.’

Sir Brian Leveson, President of the Queen’s Bench Division, quashed the conviction.

He said ‘new expert analysis of the evidence ‘might reasonably have affected the decision of the trial jury.’

Mr George was convicted in 2001 at Preston Crown Court and sentenced to life in prison in 2002, with a minimum term of 12 years. He was released on life licence last year.

Mr Dale, who had never been in trouble with the police, was shot as he chatted to friends in the street in 2001 and was found collapsed in an alleyway. Darren Thomas was also wounded in the hand by shots fired from the same gun.

Dwaine George has had his murder conviction quashed on appeal, thanks to a group of students working on his case.

Two days later the teenager had been due to give evidence at a trial of the killing of his friend Paul Ward, 16, who was stabbed to death in Cheetham Hill in January 2001.

Mr George, formerly of New Moston, was a member of the Cheetham Hill gang and was found guilty of Mr Dale’s murder and charges of attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.

He was convicted on the basis of gunshot residue which was found but has always maintained his innocence.

In 2004 he submitted an appeal in 2004 which failed.

The Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) referred the murder conviction to the Court of Appeal for a second time earlier this year, based on new scientific evidence and an analysis of the case by students at Cardiff University.

They were working on the Innocence Project, which aims to help people who have been wrongly convicted.

The judge, Sir Brian Leveson said Mr George’s conviction was no longer safe because of new scientific evidence.

Read More

Leave a Reply