November 21, 2015
If these Belgians would stop doing terrorism in France, and also in Belgium, they wouldn’t have to have their entire country shutdown!
They obviously need more money for them programs to stop Belgian youth from join ISIS!
Simple common sense!
Belgian officials placed Brussels on the country’s highest terror alert Saturday, shutting down all subway lines and deploying heavily armed troops on the streets because of a “serious and imminent threat.”
The Level 4 terror alert, issued by the Crisis Centre of the Belgian Interior Ministry, warned people to avoid places where large groups gather, such as concerts, sporting events, airports and train stations, and to be prepared to undergo security checks.
Belgium’s Prime Minister Charles Michel told reporters Saturday that the alert was raised “based on quite precise information about the risk of an attack like the one that happened in Paris,” the Associated Press reported.
He said officials fear that “several individuals with arms and explosives could launch an attack … perhaps even in several places.”
Brussels Mayor Yvan Mayeur recommended that cafes, bars and discos in the heart of the city close by 6 p.m. but did not make it mandatory.
Since there was no binding order to shut down, some establishments remained open, dispensing beer, Belgian fare like mussels and French fries and good cheer on a cold and clear fall evening.
The Brussels region, particularly the neighborhood of Molenbeek, has been viewed as a hotbed of extremists following the terrorist attacks in Paris last week that killed 130 people.
Authorities are particularly worried about Salah Abdeslam, 26, who is wanted on an international arrest warrant for his role in the Paris attacks. Authorities believe that Abdeslam, who is from Molenbeek, drove a getaway car after the Paris attacks in which his brother, Brahim, blew himself up.
Abdeslam crossed the border only hours after the killing spree but before authorities knew of his alleged connection to the plot.