October 17, 2018
There is now zero chance this entire thing wasn’t staged.
UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov will not be leaving the Ultimate Fighting Championship, with president Dana White pledging that any issues concerning the post-fight brawl at UFC 229 will eventually be worked out.
“We’re good with Khabib,” the UFC president told TMZ Sports on Tuesday. “He’s staying! This will all work out.”
Following an ugly scene at the conclusion of the Khabib vs. McGregor UFC 229 fight on October 6, at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, the Russian fighter had threatened to leave the UFC, if White were to punish his 27-year-old teammate Zubaira Tukhugov for raiding the octagon. “If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too,” Khabib posted on Instagram last week.
The next fight is going to get significantly more pay-per-views than the last one.
This is actually very brilliant marketing.
It’s too bad that a good sport had to be sacrificed to this marketing machine.
Khabibi himself is saying that the UFC staged the bus incident.
— RT (@RT_com) October 16, 2018
He’s probably not supposed to say that.
He figured it out when they told him to jump the fence and attack people after he won the fake fight.