Dresden: 17,000 at Pegida Despite Bomb Threats and Hitler Poses

Andrew Anglin
Daily Stormer
January 27, 2015

Still here.
Still here.

Bomb threats? Hitler pose?

Yeah, we’re still going to go ahead and march against the invasion.

RT:

Some 17,000 supporters of the controversial movement PEGIDA joined the weekly Sunday March at its stronghold Dresden, Germany. The image of the movement was hurt last week when its co-founder resigned over a Hitler lookalike photo.

The rally was the first since threats against the life of co-founder and former leader of the Patriotic Europeans against the Islamization of the West (PEGIDA) Lutz Bachmann prompted city police to ban last week’s rally. Bachmann since resigned after a photo of him with a haircut and mustache resembling Adolf Hitler’s surfaced on Facebook.

Dresden police said as many as 17,000 people walked the streets of the city. PEGIDA’s largest march attracted 25,000 on January 21 in the wake of the Islamist attack in Paris.

The protesters were carrying signs with slogans like “They don’t do anything, they move here and they deal”, “For a sovereign country”, “Honest people, get up at last” and “Thank you Pegida”, reports the Local. The slogan “We are the people” used by the movement is of particular irritation to the German establishment, as it has a positive connotation with the spontaneous protests prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall, and critics say PEGIDA is trying to hijack that sentiment.

As the activists marched, a smaller counter-protest numbering some 5,000 people gathered at a nearby cathedral. City officials said a few scuffles between the two groups broke out.

PEGIDA said it switched the date of the rally from the usual Monday to avoid a clash with a planned anti-xenophobia concert called ‘Open and Colorful – Dresden for Everyone’ in the city center, Deutsche Welle reported. But elsewhere in Germany and some other European nations PEGIDA-sponsored events are expected on Monday.

Small rallies supporting the movement’s agenda took place in Norway and Denmark last week, while in Belgium, the city of Antwerp banned an event citing security risks.

In my opinion, it is rather obvious that the bomb threat was a hoax by the government and the photo was pushed by the media in tandem with the hoax threat on purpose. It was an attempted 1-2 punch to kill the momentum. Well, the momentum is still there.

And this is going to get to the point where simply accusing all of these people of vague hatred for people’s skin color as a difficult charade to uphold.

As I have said before, liberalism functions on the idea that it’s premises cannot be questioned. When thousands of people are in the streets for months on end, even after you’ve apparently threatened them with terrorism, you end up looking stupid just calling them names, as has been Merkel’s key strategy.

Leave a Reply