January 5, 2020
What kind of anti-American commie scum wouldn’t trust Mike Pompeo – the man with the most honest face in Washington?
Top US national security officials continue to defend the Trump administration’s claim that it killed Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani in response to an imminent threat to American lives, but the lack of evidence provided to lawmakers and the public has fueled lingering skepticism about whether the strike was justified.
President Donald Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and top military officials have offered similar explanations for targeting Soleimani, citing an “imminent” threat from his plans to carry out what Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Mark Milley called a “significant campaign of violence” against the US in the coming days, weeks or months.
But questions have continued to swirl in recent days about the imminence of such Iranian attacks, whether the administration fully considered the fallout from such a strike against Soleimani, and if an appropriate legal basis was established for the presidential authorization of lethal force.
A Republican congressional source familiar with the administration’s decision to strike Soleimani acknowledged that in the past the President “has been reluctant to take military action” in this case, the killing of an American contractor, the wounding of others, and the subsequent embassy protests “crossed his line.” His advisers also pointed out to the President that if he “didn’t respond now, they (Iran) will continue to cross it.”
“I am very confident he was not reluctant,” said the source. When Trump finally gets ready to act, they added, “you can’t out escalate him.”
CNN has previously reported that there was internal debate over the decision and work behind the scenes to develop a legal argument before the operation was carried out.
After a meeting Sunday in Mar-a-Lago where President Trump was briefed by senior members of his national security team on options regarding Iran, some officials emerged surprised the President chose to target Soleimani, according to a source familiar with the briefing.
The officials who briefed Trump included Defense Secretary Mark Esper, Pompeo, national security adviser Robert O’Brien, and Milley.
The source said that some aides expected Trump to pick a less risky option, but once presented with the choice of targeting Soleimani he remained intent on going forward.
The time has come to start arresting people who don’t trust Mike Pompeo.
We are facing an imminent threat of an invasion from Iranian-backed Iraqis.
At any moment, you could look out your window and find Iranian-backed Iraqi protesters in your backyard – ready to move in for the kill.
As we all know, it isn’t simply Mike Pompeo’s “theory” that they have a plan of attack. They have a straight shot for invasion – just check the map.
We should be rallying around the government, trusting every single thing they say and signing up for the draft, preparing for a full land invasion of Iraq or Iran or whatever.
But instead we’re questioning Honest Mike?
What’s worse, it’s a form of virulent fat shaming.
Just like people are against George Soros because they’re anti-Semites, people are against war in Iran because they’re fatphobes.