April 27, 2016
Some day soon, we are seriously going to name elementary schools after Hitler and Donald Trump. Unless they’re already named after a Confederate general, in which case we will just leave it like that.
Like, if there’s a school named after Martin Luther King, Jr. or Jay-Z or some other Black historical figure, or after Trotsky or Seth Rogen some other Jewish terrorist, we’re going to name it after a famous Nazi.
The recommendations for the future name of Robert E. Lee Elementary in Austin were released, Friday.
On March 28, the Austin ISD board voted to rename the school, after hearing feedback from the community and school parents. While the board asked for recommendations, they will have final say on the name, regardless of number of nominations.
Security has been increased at the school as a precaution.
Top 10 renaming recommendations — sorted by most nominated:
- Donald J. Trump Elementary: 45 nominations
- Robert E. Lee Elementary: 34 nominations
- Russell Lee Elementary: 32 nominations
- Harper Lee Elementary: 30 nominations
- Elisabet Ney Elementary: 15 nominations
- Lee Elementary: 13 nominations
- Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance: 8 nominations
- Waller Creek Elementary: 8 nominations
- Dr. Frances J. Nesmith Elementary School: 7 nominations
- Guy Bizzell Elementary: 6 nominations
Some of the more notable, but less voted names include:
Adam Lanza’s School of Fun, Bee Movie, Bleeding Heart Liberal Elementary, Boaty McBoatface Elementary School, Forgetting the Past Dooms You to Repeat It Elementary, Garfunkel, Hypothetical Perfect Person Memorial Elementary School, John Cena Elementary and Schooly McSchoolerson.
Note that it was not just shitlords submitting these suggestions: some shitlord also had to vote to post them publicly.
And it appears that the will of the people is to name the school after Donald Trump.
2016 truly is the best year ever.